Are you looking for a welding machine that delivers superior weld performance on different kinds of metal materials? If the answer to this question is yes, Hobart EZ TIG 165i is a product that you should know of as it may be something that you are looking for. It works on both AC and DC depending on the type of metal you are welding. When you are welding steel, stainless steel and chromoly, the DC is the right option to use and when you are cutting aluminum, you can make use of alternating current. It is 230V AC/DC welding machine that is strongly created and equipped with a special type of single knob control. Once you get your item, just bring it out from the box and then do the necessary set up. It is quite easy to set up. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, you can easily set up this machine. Hobart 500551 comes with a lot of features and has impressive specifications which distinguish it from other products on the market. However, it is advisable that you take time to know about the features of the product, its pros and cons and specification so that you will take a sound solution.
Features and description
EZ TIG 165i is an inverter based power source welder that is available in a lightweight design. The invert-based power source does not consume too much power and yet it yields a welding arc in a more consistent manner. It weighs only 50 lb. or 23 kg meaning that you can move it around or take it to any worksite without requiring a helping hands. Its lightweight does not affect its performance and functionality. It can be used in a number of application. You can use it for work in auto body repair workshop. It can also be applied in metal art as well as auto body fabrication plant. It is another tool which every do-it-yourself professional should have in their workshop for work around the home.
It can be used to weld aluminum, steel, stainless steel and other metals thanks to its dual current output. It comes with both AC and DC output for welding on different kinds of metal material. If you want to weld on aluminum metal material, the AC output is the right current to use in order to obtain superior welding result. If you want to weld on stainless steel and steel, then you should go for the direct current output in order to obtain a good welding result with this welder.
Normally, as you are welding or when the welder is kept in storage, some dust and debris flying to and fro enter into the system and they are trapped there. Gradually, they will accumulate and impede on the smooth functioning of the system. The fan-on-demand feature helps to guide against such ugly occurrence. With this feature, the fan can be put on when required so that it will eliminate and blow away debris in order to prevent them from entering inside the system.
The product is capable of eliminating material contamination and tungsten. This is achieved via its HF start which makes it possible for a non-contact art to prevent tungsten and material contamination.
EZ 165i can shut itself down when the temperature is very high. So, you don’t have to be wary of high temperature damaging your product.
The unit is a US product. It is strongly manufactured with quality material under strict quality control. It is build to last for years. It is a good value for money thanks to its durability. If you want to purchase this product, you should have a peace of mind because it is covered by 5/3/1 warranty.
Current Hobart TIG welder features foot control. A hand control system can also be used on the product but it is optional.
Welding with this system does not result in any waste or cause any need for adjustment thanks to the Auto-postflow which provides maximum shield predicated on the welding amperage.
The package includes the following:
- gas regulator, flowmeter and shielding gas hose
- primary cord and plug, a work cable of 12 ft. (3.7)
- Legacy 17 Weldcraft TIG torch
- Product netweight: 50 lbs.
- Product dimension: 17 x9 / x 23/8 for the length, width and height respectively
- Amps input at rated output: DC-230V: 23A, AC-230V:21A
- Max. Open-Circuit Voltage
- Welding Amperate Ranges AC/DC: 10 – 165A
- Rated Output at 20% Duty Cycle: 150 A at 16VAC, 150 A at 16 VDC
- It is available in a lightweight design meaning that one person can use it for work. It does not require two to move it from one point to another.
- The welder is also very easy to use as it requires minimal set up. All you need in order to set up and use this product is to socket the power power cord in a 230 VAC and then have the gas connected. The next thing to do is to choose the thickness as well as the material you are welding and you can start welding. Owing to the ease of use it offers, both beginners and professionals can use it for work.
- It has impressive versatility and dual functionality which gives it an edge over others.
- It offers a unique single knob control
- The torch comes with a flex head
- It is sold at a highly affordable price
- The components are made with good materials making it to last for many years.
- It delivers impressive welding results on different kinds of metals
- It comes with cullet and cullet body of 3/32 inches
Hobart EZ TIG 165i is a welder with impressive versatility and which can be used for a wide range of applications and for different welding purposes. It can be used for welding by both professionals and beginners. It is an option for any person on budget. Though it is affordable, it welds perfectly well. However, it is not made for a high grade welding. It will be a good value for money for any person doing light to moderate welding work.