Hobart Handler 190 is a great machine for welders that are on budget. The recommended processes are MIG (GMAW) and Flux Cored (FCAW). For the former, it can be used to weld steel, aluminum and stainless steel while for the latter, it can only weld steel and stainless steel. The welding machine is designed to be used for a number of applications including rental, farm/ranch, auto body, construction, maintenance and work around the home. Its generates an output power range of between 25A and 190A. Its input power is 230 volt. It delivers a maximum of 30% duty cycle. Consumers do not require any additional kits or control in order to operate the machine because it comes with a spool gun circuitry. The problems associated with aluminum wire does not occur with this product as it comes with an optional direct plug-in SpoolRunner 100 spool gun. The package comes with all you need to start welding including solid wire, flux cored self-shielding wire, built-in gas valve, 10 ft work cable with clamp, power cord with plug, additional .030 in contact tips and others.
Features and specification
Handler 190 is a low cost welding machine. But regardless of its affordability, it is equipped with a lot of features which distinguish it from other products in its level. Operators have less cleanup to do after welding as the welding machine does not generate much spatter during welding thanks to the enhanced arc performance it delivers. This is because because of the 7 voltage selections the product is equipped with. It also boasts of infinite wire feed speed control as well as enhanced magnetics. These features together deliver enhanced and simpler output parameter which makes for enhanced arc performance.
This Hobart MIG welder is quite easy to use thanks to the built-in patented wire feeder technology used in constructing it. The drive roll lever is easily and quickly released by this feature. Another feature of this welding machine that makes for ease-of-use is its built-in contractor. When the machine is not being used for welding and it is on, this feature will make the wire to remain electrically cold. This arrangement increases the safety of the machine especially when it is being handled by an inexperienced welder. Different wire sizes can be used on the machine but the dual groove drive roll system of the welding machine makes it quite easy for users to switch the wire sizes.
The machine is constructed in such a manner that users will not encounter much problem during welding when they want o access the polarity changeover. It also comes with a storage compartment where users can keep the spare tips. The welding machine also comes with some safety features which also increase the durability of the welder. One of such features is the self-resetting thermal overload and motor protection.
Part number: 500554
Model number: 500554
Product dimensions: 24 x 18.5 x 13.3 inches
Product weight: 78 pounds
Method of installation: Mig-welding
Batteries required: No
Warranty description: 5 years limited warranty
Amps input at rate load, 60Hz: 230V 20.5
Wire Feed Speed Range: 40-700IMP, 50-740 IMP at no load
Rate output: 30% duty, 130 A at 21.5VDC
- It is affordable but comes with all the basic features required to do welding.
- It delivers efficient and clean welding regardless of what you are welding with the machine or the application and the welding process you prefer.
- It is a versatile machine as it can be used for welding stainless steel, steel and aluminum. Thus, it can also be utilized in a number of applications and for a number of purposes.
- It is available in a compact and lightweight design making it to be easy to transport from one location to another or from one point to another in a job site.
- The welding machine can be used to weld thick metal.
- It is safe to use this machine for welding thanks to the safety features it comes with especially its overload protection feature. These features also enhance the durability of the machine.
- It is very easy to set up. Thus, buyers do not require much time before they can start welding after bringing out their welding machine from its box.
- It easy to use and does not require you to be a professional before you will be able to use it.
- It is covered with Hobart 5 years limited warranty. Thus, buyers will have a rest of mind that nothing will happen to their machine and even if any fault resulting from manufacturer’s error occurs, their investment is safe as it will be taken care of by Hobart itself.
- This welder is not a great option for professionals engaging in heavy industrial tasks as it cannot handle such tasks.
- Another problem with this welding unit is that it requires special outlet to be used for welding around the home as it is not meant to function on a normal household power outlet. Getting a special outlet means extra expenses for the user.
- It is an affordable machine considering its performance but when compared with other welding machines in its category, the price is not so low.
Hobart Handler 190 is created to be used for different welding purposes such as auto repair and maintenance task, welding of trailer frames & hitches, law and garden equipment, mower decks, farm equipment, fences, gun/blow racks and many more. It is suitable for beginners and do-it-yourself professional. It comes with all that is required to weld for both MIG welding and flux cored welding. It is made to last for years and equipped with impressive features. Owning this product is a value for money given the numerous benefits it offers as mentioned above. However, it has its imperfections. So, before you purchase this product, it is advisable that you look at the pros and cons and weigh them in order to make an informed decision. For example, this tool will not be a great option for you if you are looking for a machine for welding thicker materials.