Longevity TIG Welder Reviews
Longevity Tigweld 160sx
For professional as well as amateur welders, finding the right tig unit to meet their needs can be tricky. Either the welding is too heavy for easy maneuvering or it simply doesn’t have the features or versatility needed for the variety of projects that they tackle.
This Longevity TIG welder however has made a name for itself by being lightweight, easy to use, and offering enough features for most welders. Tigweld 160SX is designed to be lightweight, portable, and offers the essential features for many different welding situations. The unit comes with a stick handle, ground clamp, regulator, tig torch, and plugs. All that is required from you is filler rods and Argon gas.
There are a number of excellent features that make this particular tig welder stand out, particularly for those who like versatility in their machines.
- AC Mode: You can flip one switch and weld aluminum in the AC mode
Exceptional Heat Control
- High Frequency Start Tig: This includes a foot pedal for better tig welding operation and control
- Portable: Weighs just 37lbs. 110v adapter connects easily to standard USA outlet
- Operation: 110v and 220v. Can weld 6013, 7018 and other stick electrodes
Overall, this is an outstanding machine for professionals as well as hobbyists thanks to the easy to use panel which makes operations simple and straightforward.
Performance & Capacity
Based on costumer reports, the Longevity Tigweld 160SX works quite well in terms of living up to its promises. However, it should be noted that a few units seem to have malfunctioned which is not all that surprising given that it applies to all welding machines.
Ease of Use
The main advantage here is just how light the unit is as compared to many of its contemporaries. At just 37 pounds, most people can easily move and maneuver the unit where it is needed for welding purposes. This means it is very well suited around the garage and even outdoors when you need to work on a fence or other types of material.
- Can Use 110v Power from Standard Sockets
- Different Settings for Different Jobs
- Precise Heat Control
All of these advantages make this particular unit well suited for most professionals as well as hobbyists. However, there are a few disadvantages as well.
- No Basic Instructions or Set-Up Diagrams
- Difficult to Use Lift-Start Function
- Not Designed to Handle Rough Usage
Basically, this means for the professional the 160SX is robust enough for indoor jobs and a few outdoor ones. However, if your welding machine gets plenty of punishment from rough, outdoor conditions then this one may not be for you. For hobbyists who are just starting out, you’ll have to find the basic guidance to use this machine elsewhere. However, in fairness the 160SX is fairly intuitive and easy to use.
Overall, the Longevity Tigweld 160SX is a remarkable, portable tig welder that offers plenty of versatility which makes it well suited for most welding jobs. While it may not be the most rugged or durable, it is quite portable and intuitive to use for hobbyists and professionals alike.
Longevity Tigweld 200sx
For a quality TIG stick welder that can function under 110v as well as 22v power, the Longevity Tigweld 200sx is one of the best on the market. Not only has this unit been built for its extreme versatility but to be compact and ready for nearly any job site. This is the type of welder that is perfect for any service truck or as a regular job site feature.
The main features that make this Longevity welder stand apart from its competitors include:
- The dual option voltage: With 110 V power or 220V power you can have an output of 160 amps of power from this unit. With power at the flip of a switch this is one of the easiest welding units to use anywhere.
- Extreme efficiency: The site of this model is compact because of IGBT inverter technology implemented in it. Although it does not take much power or effort to use, it can still offer a quality welding experience for the future.
- Panel or pedal operation: You can use a panel set up for operation or a foot pedal. Controlling the amperage via a foot pedal can give you optimal levels of control for fine work and more.
- Setting amperage limits can be done very accurately and easily!
Regular performance and ease of use:
6013 and 7018 stick electrodes provide professional welding experience but it is possible to weld with other electrodes as well. The performance is fantastic on AV and DC voltage giving this a rugged adaptability.
At just 37 pounds it can be taken almost anywhere. It is ready for any job site and it can be set up using the dial format in just a few movements. The design is simple. It has a high frequency TIG start.
Realistically this is the ideal TIG machine for under $1000. The only real drawback that we found during our test was that the torch was a little hard to finesse when welding smaller items and fine items, this is just one tiny drawback in what is, a terrific TIG machine.
Longevity MIG Welder Review
Longevity Migweld 140
Every day new and improved welding tools and machinery hit the market. For someone looking for a reliable and efficient welder, the new Longevity Migweld 140 promises great results and guarantees reliability. It’s a great product that offers various features and easy usability. It’s versatile and simple controls have made it a popular choice amongst buyers. The performance is good and a number of tasks can easily be done with the Longevity Migweld 140. Let’s take a detailed look at what this welder offers.
- Weight: 54 pounds
- Product dimension: 16 X 14.5 X 9.6 inches
- Power Source: Corded electric
- Voltage: 110 volts
- Installation Method: mig-welding
- Duty Cycle: 20% at 90 amps
- Wire Diameter: MIG wire .025 and .030
- 140 amp MIG welder capable of Flux- core and aluminum Gas shielded welding
- Operates on 110v standard outlet power.
- Power plug installed
- Powerful welder can weld up to 3/8” mild steel
- Shares the same consumables found in local stores
- Easy to learn and operate
- Comes with wire
- Can operate the unit on gas or use flux- core gasless welding
- Extremely portable
- The product can be bought with an optional spool gun for better usability
Current Longevity MIG welder is cost effective. A low cost and high results make it a great purchase. It’s a high quality product that guarantees reliability and easy usability. The product comes with a warranty, adding to the benefits and reliability of the welder. It delivers industrial quality and is a durable product. The affordable price makes it a leader in it’s range and competition!
- Comes with a 15AK MIG gun, ground clamp, gas nozzle, CO2 regulator, gas hose, spool of solid wire, contact tips, hand held face shield and chipping hammer
- Easily adjustable variable knobs for wire feeding and voltage allows for perfect tuning of your weld
- Spool gun capable
- Durable and reliable
- Affordable price
- Worldwide trusted brand and warranty
So here’s a full review on the Longevity Migweld 140. Make an informed choice and always weigh your options before buying a product. If you are new at welding, or learning to weld, this is a great product to start with. The brand and product is a mark of quality!